Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Freeway Endorses Hillary Clinton for President


RadioOnFire.com - Freeway endorsed Hillary Clinton for president at a rally in a West Philadelphia High School this week.
The rapper said he supports Clinton because she is for affordable health care as a right. Freeway suffers from kidney failure and needs to undergo dialysis three times a day, four times a week, according to PhillyMag. The care was $600 per month before he received insurance. He is currently awaiting a kidney transplant. “When I came out with my story on being on dialysis, I ran across many people that were going through the same thing that I’m going through,” he said. “Through the grace of God, I was able to be successful and able to afford my health care. But a lot of people can’t afford it. Even with my healthcare, my treatments are a little bit expensive.”
Freeway said he became a Hillary supporter after attending the DNC. He initially supported Senator Bernie Sanders. “Hillary did a lot of work helping children. She did a lot of work with different communities. She definitely for raising the minimum wage. It was so many people speaking so good about her, so many things that I didn’t know that influenced me [to switch],” he said. He also believes Bernie or bust people need to “be in the room” to still make a change and that they will not help anyone by sitting out this election.



Source: allhiphop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment