Monday, August 8, 2016

DJ Quik: I Wasn't Credited For Work On YG's 'My N!gga,' Threatens Lawsuit. YG Responds


RadioOnFire.com - Compton artists DJ Quik and YG are at odds over the hit song "My N!gga."
The record, which was produced by DJ Mustard, appears on YG's 2014 debut album titled "My Krazy Life."
During a Twitter rant early Monday morning, August 8, Quik claimed that he engineered the song and contributed vocals, but has not been credited.



The rapper/super producer demanded that YG and his reps at Stampede Management make things right before his legal team takes over.
YG's CTE World boss, Jeezy, and the label's distributor Def Jam were also included in the tweets. that made it clear Quik wants his RIAA plaque for the certified platinum tune.
"@stampedemgmt, Y'all had me engineer and record 'My N!gga' for @YG and did not give me credit. My Lawyer has You His sights. You've f*cked up," Quik wrote. "@YG be safe on the block I invented. @stampedemgmt @SnoopDogg aren't you all the same company? You don't F*CK with Dj Quik. This will be in the press in the morning a$$holes. @stampedemgmt @YG y'all not the truth #thestreetstalk. @YG @Jeezy shoot me my engineering credits for stemming and recording vocals on your platinum song 'My Hitta' or whatever u call it. and shoot my Platinum plaque to. @DefJamRecords there's some fugazi on the west with my plaque for 'My Hitta' My wall is missing an Award. #RIAA. Got yall talking before tha PM," he continued. "Holla @djquik whenever on the devil so-me medium but you gon' pay what You owe. Wake up and respond tomorrow in tha timeline. WE ARE ALL WAITING."



No comments:

Post a Comment