Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Angie Martinez -"I'm Not Disloyal At All. I Decided To Take An Amazing Offer'


Angie finally breaks her silence. The radio legend chopped it up with the Breakfast Club. Being such a fixture in Hot 97 (over 15 years) she said she had done all that she can do there. Angie is a winner and she will be fine. Her new show start the second week of July so stay tuned.


Via Power105.1

There are mixed reviews when it comes to the company switch for radio legend, Angie Martinez. Despite the noise that surrounds her about the switch, Angie Martinez is happy about her decision and limits the social media comments she reads about herself because she just wants to have a good show.
In this interview with The Breakfast Club, she explains that she left the competing station on amicable terms.


"It's business and people leave jobs all the time. I'm not disloyal at all. I have always been extremely loyal. I put -I don't know how many years of my life- down for that company. Even the highest of higher ups –which is when I went to make the phone call when I decided to take this amazing offer that I got. They said [executives] you’ve served this company so well [and for] so many years, I can do nothing but wish you well.
“It was no –how dare you? Why would you leave us? There was not –it was emotional and sad, Angie Martinez continued. “But nobody was angry. Nobody felt like I was doing the wrong thing. Everyone said this is the right thing for you to do for your career and your life.”

Angie Martinez also talks turning down a judging position on American Idol, why she’s never released her footage with Tupac, keeping her career change a secret and more.

WATCH THE FULL BREAKFAST CLUB INTERVIEW HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment