Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Ronda Rousey Breaks Down, Admits To Contemplating Suicide Following Loss To Holly Holm On Ellen DeGeneres


RadioOnFire.com - Former UFC Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey was a recent guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. During her chat with the host she was asked about her loss toHolly Holm at UFC 193 in November. The judoka had been previously undefeated.



Rousey was brought to tears and revealed publicly for the first time she had thought of committing suicide.

"Honestly, my thought in the medical room, I was sitting in the corner and was like, 'What am I anymore if I'm not this?'" Rousey said. "Literally sitting there thinking about killing myself. In that exact second, I'm like, 'I'm nothing. What do I do anymore? No one gives a s*** about me anymore without this.'"
Her relationship with boyfriend Travis Browne, a fellow UFC fighter, helped Rousey pull through.
"I looked up and saw my man, Travis, was standing there," Rousey said. "I'm looking up at him and was just like, 'I need to have his babies. I need to stay alive.'"
We're glad Rousey got over her bout with depression. It would have been another tragedy for her mom, AnnMaria De Mars, and her loved ones. Rousey's father committed suicide when she was 8-years old. She's now back in the gym training. A rematch with Holm is expected to take place later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment