Monday, October 6, 2014

Raven-Symone Confuses Oprah By Refusing To Called Gay Or African American "I'm Tired Of Labels. I Do Know My Roots Are In Louisiana"


Raven-Symone appeared Sunday, October 5, on Oprah Winfrey's show, Where Are They Now? The former Cosby Show and That's So Raven star discussed several topics, including her relationship with a female partner.





"I don't want to be labeled gay," she told Oprah. "I want to be labeled a human who loves humans"


The actress went on to add that she is not African American, "I'm tired of being labeled. I'm an American, not an African American. I'm an American."
That statement caught Oprah off guard
"Oh girl, don't start this Twitter on fire," the host replied. "What? Oh Lord. what did you just say?"
"I don't know where my roots go to," Raven explained. "I don't know how far back they go. I can't go on...I don't know how far back and I don't know what country in Africa I'm from. But I do know that my roots are in Louisiana. I'm an American and that's a colorless person."




"You're going to get a lot of flack for saying you're not African American, you know that right?" Oprah asked.
"I don't label myself," Raven continued. "What I mean by that is I'm an American. That's what I really mean. I have darker skin. I have a nice interesting grade of hair. I connect with Caucasian. I connect with Asian. I connect with Black. I connect with Indian. I connect with each culture."

No comments:

Post a Comment