Wednesday, April 9, 2014

3 Michigan Adults Arrested & Charged With Child Abuse For Beating Of 11-Year Old Boy, Hit 60 Times With A Belt. Then Posting The Video On Facebook [Video/Pics]


This family really over did it, and now they are going to pay the price!
Three Flint, Michigan residents have been arrested in connection with a video that has been circulating on the internet showing an 11-year old boy being whipped with a belt 60 times.
Demitria Powell, 28, Uteas Taylor, 42, and Stefon Felton, 39, have been charged with three felony child abuse counts, conspiracy to commit third-degree child abuse and committing child abuse in front of a minor.


Powell is the boy's mother. Taylos is his grandmother. All three were arraigned Tuesday, April 8, in front of Flint District Judge Nathaniel C. Perry III.




The trio posted a video that depicted Powell slapping the child in the face and Taylor whipping him with a belt 60 times, while a toddler was present.




The 11-year old was reportedly being disciplined for acting like a "gangster" and "thug" and for poor grades in school.




Powell forces the boy to look into the camera and state his name. She tells him the video will be posted on Facebook. She also says she doesn't care if anyone calls Child Protective Services.
Powell's boyfriend mocks the child while he is being beaten and says he can't show his face on camera because he's spent ten years in prison.
“The adults in this case clearly went beyond what is a reasonable level of ‘parental
discipline,’” said Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton in a statement.  “What the video in this case reveals is a group of adults whose actions were a criminal assault against a child and that behavior cannot be condoned nor allowed under the law."
Powell was already on probation for a previous misdemeanor. She was $7,500 bond on all three charges by Judge Perry III.



Taylor and Felton were given $8,500 bond on each charge. All three remain in custody.

People Are Outrage After Parents Post Video Of Child Beating 
Watch HERE

I am very upset over how these "family members" treated on of their own. Let me know your thoughts below or via Twitter

1 comment:

  1. I just feel worst for that poor little boy, I used to get beatings like that for playing with matches and other things when I was 9 years old, I've gotten one way way worst, I was playing with matches by lighting them up to burn stuff and show off that I accidentally set my whole entire closet on fire in fact my whole entire room, after a few days I gotten a huge beating so hard that my legs and arms were bruised and scarred to death both my parents did, they had to put me in the burned room for punishment, I had to write a thousand times saying, "I will not play with matches any more", for a whole summer, they even threatened to chop and break my hands off if I light another match. That was the far out worst beating I had, my dad was very abusive both to me and my mother, he had gotten put out a couple of times as I got older, that's when he finally left and broke up with my mother.

    ReplyDelete