Friday, February 17, 2017

CoverGirl's First Male Model Gets Slammed Over Africa Ebola Joke


RadioOnFire.com - James Charles, the first male model chosen as the face of CoverGirl cosmetics, caught serious backlash after tweeting a joke about Africa having Ebola. The tweet read, “‘I can’t believe we’re going to Africa today omg what if we get Ebola.’ ‘James we’re fine we could’ve gotten it at chipotle last year’….”
At the start of 2016, the World Health Organization said that Africa as a whole is now clear of Ebola. After being repeatedly slammed for his comment, James deleted the tweet but continued to defend what he wrote. He told his critics, "do NOT put words in my mouth holy f*** I cannot wait to not have cell service for 10 days so I don't have to deal with twitter [sic]."
After much back and forth, James apologized for the tweet, telling viewers, "I am extremely sorry for my tweet and I feel like s*** for saying it."





Check out the full set of tweets up top.
Source: NY Mag

No comments:

Post a Comment