Thursday, January 26, 2017

Serena and Venus Williams to Meet in Australian Open Final


RadioOnFire.com - Serena Williams and Venus Williams will meet in the Australian Open Final. It's the 9th time the sisters will face off in a Grand Slam final.
Beating 25-year-old CoCo Vandeweghe in a three-set semifinal, Venus became the oldest Australian Open singles finalist of the Open era at 36-years-old.
In Thursday's second semifinal, Serena was aware that Venus had won her match, and looks forward to facing her after beating Mirjana Lucic-Baroni.
“She’s my toughest opponent,” said Serena Williams, who holds a 16-11 edge in the sister rivalry. “No one has ever beaten me as much as Venus has. She has a pretty good record against me, and we have a good record against each other. I just feel like, no matter what happens, we’ve won. She’s been through a lot, and I’ve been through a lot. And to see her come back and do so well is great.”
“I look forward to it,” she said of the final. “A Williams is going to win the tournament.”
Source: nytimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment