Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Chrisette Michele: "My Family Has Disowned Me" Over Trump Performance


RadioOnFire.com - Michele Chrisette took a lot of heat when she agreed to perform at Donald Trump's inaugural ball. She has since gone out of her way to justify the performance, recently appearing on the Breakfast Club and making public a spoken word poem about the experience.
In an interview with Billboard, Chrisette revealed that her family didn't approve of her decision either. She said:
"Originally I was supposed to perform directly after his first speech, and I had done that with Barack Obama before, so I was used to that kind of experience. And the woman who organized the event came and told me, "Now you’re going to go first and he’s going to go after you." I looked her in the eye and said, "My family has disowned me. If you decide to Google me, you’ll see that America is writing about me in their newspapers. I’m the black poster child for discord right now, and he’s not going to shake my hand?" So no, I didn’t get to meet him."

Source: complex.com

No comments:

Post a Comment