Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Jermaine Dupri Out, Kevin Liles Reportedly In As Mariah Carey's New Manager


After nine years as Mariah Carey's manager, Jermaine Dupri and the singer have parted ways. During their time together Dupri produced the hit songs "We Belong Together" and "Always Be My Baby."
The split comes following the disappointing sales of Mariah's latest album, Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse. Since it's release May release the project has only sold103,000 copies.
Dupri issued a statement to Billboard confirming the split:
“I’m a very hands-on person when it comes to my work,” Dupri said“I put my all into every project. But when I’m not allowed to do what I do, then I know it’s time for me to move on. Mariah and I enjoy working together and will continue to make great music together in the future.


Kevin Liles is reportedly taking over management duties for the pop icon.

No comments:

Post a Comment