Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Ronda Rousey On Holly Holm: "I Need To Beat This Chick!"


It's been a tough few weeks for Ronda Rousey since her devastating knockout loss toHolly Holm at UFC 193. Not only did Holm walk out of the octagon with the bantamweight belt, but for the first time in Rousey's professional mixed martial arts career, she was defeated.
The former champion covers ESPN The Magazine's "Ideas of the Year" issue. In it, she opens up for the first time about the fight, injuries she sustained and her desire to come back.
"It might be three to six months before I can eat an apple, let alone take an impact," she tells writer Ramona Shelburne. "I'm just really f*cking sad. I need to come back. I need to beat this chick. Who knows if I'm going to pop my teeth out or break my jaw or rip my lip open. I have to f*cking do it."
Rousey's ground game has never been in question. In 1992 she became the first woman to medal in the Olympics when she took home the bronze in judo. She had used her skills as a judoka to walk through her opponents on the way to a 12-0 record.
She's worked hard on her stand up game in an effort to become a more well rounded fighter. She's not yet at an elite level with her hands and that proved to be her downfall against Holm, a former professional boxer and kickboxer.

No comments:

Post a Comment